The exclusive Shinde Enclave is a 'camp within a camp', offering the ultimate in personal service and an indelible wilderness experience.
Consisting of three luxurious tents built on raised teak decks, overlooking windswept papyrus beds, the area is home to many aquatic species including the elusive sitatunga.
With a private dining and lounge area, it is the perfect retreat after a day's activities. This intimate hideaway also offers guests the services of a private chef, waiter and housekeeper as well as their own professional guide and vehicle.
The enclave accommodates a maximum of 6 guests in 3 twin bedded mosquito proofed tents, each with en-suite bathroom, hot and cold running water and flush toilet (with a view).
The luxury tents are within close proximity to the private dining area and viewing deck, affording an exclusive hideaway and perfect location from which a family or small group of friends can explore the Okavango Delta.
Being situated in the Shinde Concession, the Shinde Enclave offers a choice of both land and water activities available throughout all seasons. Activities include game drives in the morning and late afternoon in open safari vehicles, with afternoon game drives often continuing into the evening.
Alternatively climb aboard a mokoro with a local 'poler' and enjoy the exploration of the delta's tranquil waterways. Powerboat trips, walking trails and fishing are other optional activities, all to be planned and taken with your private Professional Guide.
• Situated within the Shinde private concession that allows guided walks, mokoro excursions and night drives in addition to game drives and motorboating
• Private dining and lounge with your own waitress
• Private guide on all activities
• An excellent location in the delta with permanent water for year round water activities as well as large dry areas for game drive routes, this combination provides the habitat for a wide variety of wildlife found consistently in the area
• Access by motorboat to the Gadikwe Heronry
• Included in the wide variety of game found at Shinde, there are regular sightings of the rarely spotted sitatunga antelope
• Fly or spin fishing throughout the year (best months May - November