The Serena Beach Hotel and Spa is situated on Shanzu Beach, one of the most beautiful of the Indian Ocean beaches ddjacent to the Mombasa Marine National Park and around 30km from Mombassa.
Fringed by white beaches, and shaded by coconut palms, the silver ribbon of the Swahili coastline offers the ultimate tropical paradise.
Bright white against the blue sky, set in extensive tropical gardens, the architecture of the Serena Beach Hotel and Spa replicates the winding lanes and colourful market places of a traditional 13th century Swahili town.
At its heart lies the coral-built ‘Fortress of Tranquillity' of the exquisite ‘Maisha' Mind, Body and Spirit Spa.
The luxury ensuite rooms are accommodated in two single-storey buildings, which lie to the right and left of the main reception and dining areas.
Each tastefully-appointed room features a Maasai-inspired, hand-painted, wall fresco, king-sized bed or luxurious twins, mosquito-curtaining, bathroom with walk-in shower, and private veranda.
The Serena Beach Hotel offers a number of dining experiences and a selection of bars, coffee shops and café areas, both inside and outside.
The Serena is very geared up for families and offers family accommodation and suites, children's meals and entertainment.
The hotel swimming pool is supervised by a qualified life-guard (but not suited to small children other than under parental supervision) and a children's paddling pool.
The hotel has a full 'weddings' service and is ideal for both honeymoons and weddings.
- Extensive water sports and PADI Dive School
- Extensive gardens, grounds and nature trails.
- Palm tree lawns and beach front.
- Central restaurant, Pizza
- Jahazi Grill Seafood Restaurant on the beach.
- Live music nightly.
- Free form pool and swim-up bar.
- ‘Maisha' Spa and Health Club
- Extensive water sports and PADI Dive School.
- Animation programme
- Butterfly Centre and Turtle Watch Programme
- Baby-sitting, family rooms, children's dining/menus